Day 1: KIGALI
- Arrival in Kigali – welcome by your tour guide – check-in at hotel – After lunch, enjoy Kigali city and learn about the Rwandan culture – optional: overnight at one of the best hotels in the country or low budget hotel on request of a client.
Day 2: AKAGERA NATIONAL PARK
- Transfer to Akagera National Park – Game drive (Opportunity to see over 12 species of antelopes, over 525 species of birds including the rare one called the shoe bill stock, papyrus gynolek and the big 5 i.e. Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo and Ele-phant) to mention but a few – optional luxurious camping in the Park or enjoy a comfortable night at a recommended hotel
Day 3: MUSANZE – INTRODUCTION TO LOCAL CULTURE
- Transfer to Ruhengeri – visit community based activities where you can learn to produce banana and sorghum beer, acquire the ethno botany skills, make your own beautiful handicrafts out of banana leaves – experience traditional dancing, drumming and singing– learn how to make a traditional dish together with a local family – optional overnight in nearly local family (home stay) or at the comfortable Hotel in Ruhengeri.
Day 4: GORILLA TREKKING AND BUHANGA FOREST:
- Track one of the last remaining mountain gorilla families in the world, a once-in-a-lifetime experience – afternoon excursion into Buhanga forest (Where all Rwandan Kings were initiated) or drive to the beautiful twin lakes of Ruhondo and Burera.
Overnight: – Musanze
Day 5: HUMANITARIAN PROJECTS AND RETURN
- Alternative visit to some of our humanitarian projects for instance Orphanage or Street Kid projects where you can learn a lot about the Country’s challenges, the history and cultures.
- Late afternoon transfer to Kigali and off to the airport.